Tuesday, September 20, 2011

YET ANOTHER DAY . . .





I awakened early this morning and went outside while it was still dark.  The sky was black and the predawn stars twinkled with delight.  Everything was still in the remaining moments before daybreak.  Slowly, in hushed silence, the emerging light began to silhouette the mountain with a faint gold halo.  Gradually pinks and lavenders burst forth.  Long before the actual rising of the sun, the beautiful light and color was seen, boldly announcing the beginning of another day.

This day I give grateful thanks for this moment of peace and serenity.  I quietly bask in the emerging light.  I see and feel and hear all of nature stirring, arising once again to partake of this day. I breathe deeply as I take in the miraculous breath of life.  I see with eyes of wonder the incredible beauty and abundance surrounding me.  I hear the symphony of nature announcing another glorious day.  I feel the grass beneath my feet, reminding me to remain grounded even as my spirit soars with gratitude.  

The sky lightens and brightens, as do I. The sun bursts forth in a dazzling display of pinks and oranges and crimsons.  I am so blessed!  I receive yet another day with gratitude and joy.  I feel the peace and wonder of this moment.  I am filled and fulfilled.  Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment